How do you increase your chances of being booked via Speakerbook?
Firstly, if you are currently signed up with Speakerbook, congrats! That is Awesome! If you aren’t and you’d like to be, then this short blog will help you understand how we work.
Speakerbook is an online speakers bureau and quite different to the traditional speaking bureau business model. Speakerbook is the ONLY speaking bureau website where Speakers have FULL control of how their unique profile page looks, and are able to edit their details at ANY time. So that means, Speakers can upload testimonials, change photos, add video, edit their key achievements as many times as they like, whenever they like. It’s a FREE marketing platform, we do not charge speakers to be on our website. How great is that?
So with that in mind, think of your Speakerbook profile page as a MARKETING tool, you are effectively marketing yourself to Event Planners and to anyone who is looking to book speakers for an event. Help us to “sell” you by making your profile page shine and stand out and don’t waste another minute having an uninspiring or incomplete profile page.
Here are some Speaker profile Do’s and Don’ts:
- Do write a short Bio to feature with your profile photo so Event Planners can quickly see what you speak about. (Sell yourself!) Make sure it fits within the available space.
- Do use a clear professional headshot. First impressions count.
- Do state your title or specialty. For example, “Leadership and Human Performance Expert”.
- Use Talkscore! Get a bright orange star rating for your profile page and stand out!
If you have these few things in place then you have just made it easier for someone to FIND you on Speakerbook, this is the first step! Now for your profile page.
- Do upload a clear, eye catching banner photo. This is another opportunity to impress and show yourself in action as a Speaker.
- Do include client testimonials and state the business or group you spoke for.
- Do make sure your video actually plays! It MUST be uploaded via YouTube or Vimeo, always check!
- Do give some detail about your keynote content. What is it about? What should the audience expect to get out of it? Has it got a great title? Make sure there is at least a full paragraph of information otherwise how can you expect someone to BUY what you are selling?
If you already have a profile page on Speakerbook and haven’t had any interest from Event Planners, please log in and see if you can make some simple changes. Contact us for advice, we really are friendly!
And the Do not’s:
- Don’t set your profile page and then completely forget about it. Some Speakers joined us a year ago or more and have never visited their page OR have left it unfinished. In fact some even forgot they were with us! Yes, seriously, it has happened.
- Don’t forget to update your profile page with any amazing achievements, awards, nominations, or mention any books you have written. Yes you are fabulous and interesting so make sure you tell us!
- Do not make it impossible to get in touch with you. Even if you are super busy please reply to any event brief emails within the specific time frame mentioned and remember it is polite to reply and decline the invite if you are not interested rather then just ignore.
- Don’t forget to tell everyone that you are NOW available to book through Speakerbook. Share the link for your amazing profile page with your networks and via social media.
Some other ways to increase your opportunities are:
- Stay in touch with us! Please call or email us for a chat any time and tell us about the exciting things you have been doing or what you are working on. Often it can be a case of “right place, right time”.
- Read our quarterly newsletter and be up to date with any changes to our Speakerbook website.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. We often post about urgent speaking opportunities that suddenly come up, events in the pipeline where speakers can join us and networking opportunities. Don’t be a stranger and don’t miss out!
- Remember that good things take time to grow. Speakerbook is still relatively new in the industry and many people still haven’t heard of us so please jump on social media and spread the word! Help us to help you.